Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back in the US Again

We haven’t blogged in about a week so here’s the update.

We did arrive home Sunday 8/12. We expect to get a phone call within the next week letting us know when we are to return and pick up Andrew. For now we are playing the waiting game.
I know that we are close to the end of this process and we should start to feel good about bringing him home but just like other surprises to the schedule, here comes another.
We have been told that Baby House #1 will be temporarily closed and remodeled so Andrew and all the kids will be moved. We do not know for how long and where. I am telling myself that it is nothing to worry about. It’s just that we love him so much and we feel like he is family so we should have more control and we don’t.
I read over and over before we started this about being patient and flexible. I just never thought how much we would need that advice. There are plenty of other families that have also lived through this and I know they feel blessed when they get their child home.-M

I knew the waiting period would be difficult but I had no idea just how difficult. I am trying to keep busy but am finding it hard to concentrate. We just want all of us to be together as a family. We feel like we’ve had our kids spread across the world for the last 3 weeks and it’s not over yet (2 weeks in Kaz with Andrew, w/ Lainey in US; home 1 week in US w/ Lainey but Andrew is still in Kaz).

I hope our next post will include our trip plans to pick up Andrew.-S

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

It is hard. You will bring Andrew home soon. I know it's hard to let yourself get excited at all at this point but it will happen. We are thinking of you all, send Lainey a hello for me.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Matthew Ruley said...

Wow. The remodeling won't interfere with how long you have to wait, right? Its just disruptive for the little guy until you get him and disrupt him again (for a good reason)?
Suzanne ('waiting')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home